Clio RS 182 Track Car

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Charlie Howard, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I and a friend just picked up a 182 for very cheap as we know the guy who owns a couple of them! Body work isn't in perfect shape, dent on the bonnet and a few scrapes but it's pretty much track ready! Coilovers, decat with a map to suit, a nice intake. The previous owner said it was originally a show car as there's some old wiring for a mid-2000s sub that we need to strip out along with the interior.
    The only thing it needs is an alternator as it doesn't charge and a good service.
    IF7ludm.jpg
    FKAzlY1.jpg
    MzUCYs3.jpg
    tP9BY6Z.jpg
    Sounds good too!

George@RTR Parts, Genty and timbo like this.
  2. Looking forward to reading about your set up and driving experiences [emoji106]

3. First car was a 182. Absolutely loved it, still tempted now to buy 1 as a project as they dirt cheap. At the time my mate had a stripped out 1 on throttle bodies and fuck me did it shift

4. Charlie Howard

My first car was 1.4 Clio so feels strange getting into this! Luckily we know someone that rebuilds alternators so that's sorted, in the new year we'll take it out and give it to him to rebuild.

5. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

great little cars these, lots of fun for not a lot of money these days

6. Charlie Howard

Not a lot going on at the moment, boring service stuff and alternator. Should start doing some exciting stuff soon!

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  7. Charlie Howard

Got the new alternato and tensioner in on Sunday, what a pig of a job! Ended up cranking the engine by hand to get the belt on. Also stripped the car out. Seems to have a major misfire though so that's the next thing to sort
    XUKZ9fr.jpg
    eWyYWBE.jpg

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  8. Charlie Howard

We discovered the cause of the misfire, was a faulty injector so got that on order with a new steering wheel and will fit that in a couple of weeks!