Clio 197 Aero Skirts - Fitment

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by SteveKozy, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Hi All,

Have a set of aero skirts to fit to the Megane (r26). Cut out the relevant jacking points on the skirt. All fine that side.

Just wondered if i need to be wary of any looms when drilling into the underside of the car to fit them?

I don't fancy just using Tiger seal as its not really going to have a firm / clean joining put to the underside and i don't fancy taking a grinding wheel to clean off all the underseal and grime thats there - unless someone is telling me i really need too.

Also any handy tips from anyone that have already fitted them.

Thanks in advance.

2. No but I’d be interested to see the results as I’ve contemplating these too.

3. I’ve got the Renaultsport Clio side skirts on mine. I cut out the jacking points and also ground off the fixing point on the back as I didn’t want to screw into the side of the bodywork. Removing the side fixing also makes the side skirt fit flusher to the bodywork. I had no issues just drilling into the underside of the car to fit self tapping screws rather than the rivets that came with the skirts. I used screws just in case I needed to remove them as I didn’t want bits of rivet rattling around inside the sills. I painted the holes before final screwing and also used a ring of sealant around each hole to hopefully keep water away from the hole post fitment.

4. I also fitted some self adhesive 1mm foam sheet to the back of the skirts that fits against the side of the car to protect the paint, and also screwed a L-shape piece of 3mm Kaylan plastic mudflap material to the rear edge of the skirt to help prevent dirt going between the skirt and side of the car from the rear wheel. There should be a pic here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/G96UG8T5Xvn5jswx9

5. That's a great help. Thank you.