Clicking Clutch pedal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bowen, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Noticed this week the clutch pedal has started to click at biting point. The clutch itself is fine, no slipping or anything. Just this annoying click at bite, which I can also fee through the pedal as well as hear it.

Trying to upload a video when photobucket decided to play ball.

Any ideas?

2. The 'click' is the switch which disengages the cruise control mate. Nothing to worry about!

NotaDiesel!!! likes this.
  3. Really? The clutch clicking at bite is the switch for cruise control? In a year of ownership it's never done it until the last week or so. I know at the bottom of the accelerator pedal there's a click which disengages the cruise.

4. Sure is mate!

Bowen likes this.
  5. my 225 did this just before the helper spring behind the clutch pedal broke in two. Removed the spring and after about 5 minutes to get used to the new clutch pedal feel, its been good as gold :wink:

Bowen likes this.
  6. Mine has just started doing this at 4 years and 12k.

Nice to know its normal? Or would a new one be silent initially? Only ask as I still have warranty.

When I say just started perhaps the radio has been a little lower volume & I have just noticed it.

7. If can feel it through pedal then likely more than the micro switch, could always lay upside down on carpet and press clutch see can see/hear anything