Choosing the right, worthwhile modifications for my Megane 225...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nick172Cuo, Jul 15, 2015.

1. I have exactly that (minus the forge pipes), well worth it if you want reliable smooth 300bhp.

Although I'd try the contact above for 'Forge' intercooler before playing russian roulette with a chinese cooler.

Also the Ktec 3" is very loud with a decat.

2. Goodyear F1 asymmetrical 2 are great tyres have got them on my RS4 amd R26. Had the Michelin PS2 on my RS4 before and was a great tyre not too sure how they compare on the Meg but might get the mechelin next for the Meg

3. I have the Chinese cooler on the car already, seem ok so far 3 months in... Also have the exhaust on, came with the car when I bought it. So deffo get the 250 turbo?

4. I really didnt rate the ASS2 on the r26.

5. Don't really need injectors..

6. Neither do i.
    I had ps2`s first..great tyre,not fabulous in the wet..but perfectly exceptable.Then i tried the conti contact 5p`s which had even better all round grip..but lasted HALF as long as the ps2.
    Then put on the ASS"`s and hated them..no turn in..gripped when settled in the corner..but gave you no confidence,where you always knew you had the grip with the contis and the ps2`s.

Got a mate whos very handy behind the whheel to drive the car quick to see if it was just me, and he said`what the fk have you done to this car??`..fair enough.

Took them off,and put back on the ps`2s.

My next set will be Michelin pilot supersports in 225...have never seen a bad review of these tyres,and they are fitted as standard to many high powered cars..
    The rolling radius is very similar to 235,so you wont be out on the speedo..it was also save you quite a bit of money compared to 235.

7. In regards to mods...without the LSD,a 225 is a bit of a handfull when putting down big power/torque,so i would really get in to RS Tuning for a stage 1..they are well regarded as the best.
    I drove my car from devon to leeds to have mine put on....no mods made 265/285..thats more than adaquate and safe for your engine...i have had this on the car for 5 years..car hasnt skipped a beat.

Its widely thought that its a sensible idea to keep the megane engine below 300lb/ft...torque is the killer,and the megane lump is not the strongest of engines in the rods department.

As others have said...stage 1,shortshift(if you can source one),best tyres you can afford, and a high quality set of brake pads and fluid flush..you dont need bigger disks etc for the road.

I have Carbotech pads in mine...expensive,but will stop the car with fabulous bite from any speed with no fade..people are always astounded with how good my brakes are.

Brakes are the most important thing when upping the power..its great to know you have strong anchors,as you will simply being carrying much cross country speed than before, if you do all the above.

A propally set up meganesport is a formadable ground covering machine, with the right subtle modifications,you dont need to ruin it with to much power the front wheels cant cope with.

8. They are sublime on the RS4 ! Been on track with PS2 and the Goodyear in the RS4 both excellent! But They don't feel as good on the R26 ? I guess extra weight and AWD makes all the difference etc. will be getting the PS2 for the Meg next