Chip/ecu mods- which one?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ren225ultrablue, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Im looking to boost the performance of my 225 f1. Suspension and brakes all replaced so now for power.
    Celtic tuning do a remap which increases torque and bhp by 50.
    Quantum tuning, in Worthing do similar but boost torque to 300 lbs/ft, with bhp to 255.
    I'm based in Brighton so can drive to a reputable tuner. The question is, what is the most 'balanced' option that will give maximum increase in acceleration? I believe the Celtic map brings the torque in at 2500 rpm. I'm looking for something like 6 seconds to 62. Is this achievable or do I have to cough up for a stage 2 remap.
    Your thoughts and comments are welcomed.

2. I’d avoid quantum and Celtic personally and go to rs tuning, engine dynamics or efi parts

3. Hi Mark
    You need to keep the torque down to a max of 300 ftlb on your engine (soft con rods), i wouldn't push for big numbers, tell the turner what you want and what you use the car for, driving day to day you want a nice flat spread of torque it will be so much nicer to drive, make sure its a rolling road tune and not just a down loaded map tune, 0-60 is 6.5 sec anyway so you wont need much of an upgrade, to get nearer the 300 mark you will need a 250 turbo, bigger intercooler and upgraded intake.

4. As Ian said above! Plus bigger injectors. I've been running 302bhp/303lbft for over 18 months with no issues. I've got a full turbo back 3" exhaust, Airtec 95mm intercooler, induction kit, 630cc injectors, 250 turbo, uprated clutch and flywheel and was mapped by RS Tuning. Very happy with the results, its a massive improvement on the standard performance, I'd highly recommend!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Many thanks for the info guys. Very informative.

6. yes sorry forgot about the injectors :laughing:, think the 95mm intercooler is a bit big for that power really, i had and still have a 70mm airtec intercooler and that was running on 320 real horsepower and not RSt horsepower, was absolutely fine.

Also have a Pure motorsport non resonated exhaust was on the car for 3 weeks, for sale.

Si271 likes this.
  7. Agreed, the 95 is too big for that power. I eventually decided on it as will be forging the engine soon and looking for a big power increase. Didn't fancy forking out twice for a cooler. Just out of interest Ian, what are you after for the exhaust?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

8. It cost me £620 so £475, like i said it was on for about 3 weeks and less than a 1000 miles, put my 225 back to how i bought it.

9. Very nice, but I need to get my basics on the car right first such as the braking and suspension first. Where is the best place to source a set of 300mm tarox discs?