225 Check injection

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rhinodan, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Came up today on my pretty problematic f1... No engine management light or any codes on dash just service spanner and check injection anything below 3k revs car is perfect pulls through perfect untilll 3k then it dies till I upshift, car hasn't cut out at any point lol anyone know what it could be?? I know it could be all sorts but seen other posts where car cuts out??

2. I'm having the same fault mate.. That fault comes up for lots, and I mean lots of possible issues. I disconnected my battery for a bit and it cleared for a week then it came back up yesterday before I even started the car. I've ordered new injectors since that's a common fault and mine were due a clean anyway.

3. Renault want 90 to plug it into their machine but I've heard people goin there and been took round in circles fixing 'problems' that didn't even Fix the actual issue??

4. Your not wrong there as that happened to my mate. Went there got charged £90 for diagnostics then another £75 to replace spark plugs then it ended up being injectors. By the time he was done Renault had nearly £400 from him. No mates have a plug in code reader?

5. Yeah but it's not coming up any fault codes just that service light and check injection

6. So you've already had it plugged in?

7. Not at Renault just at a little garage

8. I'm not saying it is this but it's the same issue as my mate had with it not coming up and it was injectors. Have you seen the videos on YouTube of meganes running on bad injectors?

9. when my injector(s) went I had the management light flashing on during the misfire. It flagged a fault code as 'multiple cylinder misfire due to low fuel level' I replaced all 4 and not had the problem return in 40k miles.

Havng said that I got a massive missfire on what felt like 3 cylinders after a 1st gear accel, as soon as I lifted off it died on me. No codes or spanners, although I'm convinved fault flagging may have been disabled during the map or due to SMF, not something I was aware of though. And pretty annoyed if thats the case.

10. well i used general esso fuel last week on the way home from fcs... thats all gone i used a bottle of redex and 15 pounds worth of fuel, disconnected battery for 10 mins plugged it back in and boom its all fine :confused: