Check injection

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Sammy_2007, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Hi guys my battery went flat on my car and now I have lots of lights on the dash. An example is check injection system plus esp fault I charged the battery last night but lights are all still on how cam I solve this please help!!!

2. Have you taken the car for a drive? Most lights go off after a few miles.

3. As above, never had the check injection message but the lights tend to go off when you drive

4. Check injection fault can come up for lots of problems not just injectors, I had it display when my throttle pedal went on the old 197.

5. hi guys yeah took the car for a drive and stayed in limp mode. Had brand new injectors in December fitted at rs tuning. God nos whats wrong cant see any loose connections or holes in the hoses going to the dump valve.

6. Mine went into limp mode with 'check injection' for a few days last week. Diagnostics said it was a boost control valve not functioning.

Randomly I had previously read that this can be a throttle body issue, I gave it a clean (it was rather coked up!) and went for a drive, initially limp mode stayed on, however the next time I started it the warning went. It has stayed off ever since.

Give that a go, it's free at the very least!

Paul

7. hi people i tried cleaning the throttle body out today sadly didn't make a difference i even took the car for a drive and no lights went out. has anyone got any ideas i have the car booked in tomorrow for diagnostic and Renault. the wired bit was that i started the car this morning and all lights were out went for a drive give it a bit of power and on the third time it came up with the fault so not sure whats going on there?

8. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

N75 will be fooked

9. Hi Mark, I was up at RS Tuning and whilst being rolling roaded the rev limiter cut in for a while and Paul thought that the thermostat might need looking at as the engine was warm What part is required and is it something I could do or do I need a mechanic, not near you unfortunately. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

10. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

The clue is in what Paul said.... The thermostat!

3 x m6 bolts to remove it and replace, you will also need around 1L of coolant to replace what you'll loose.

11. Was just checking really if that was the usual issue mate as I know Mark sees his fair share of these. Thanks for the reply best get looking for a stat.

12. Just to let everyone no it ended up being a/c sensor so changed tht and now all fine