225 "Check Injection" - my current experience

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by manifold, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Warning spanner, "check injection" message on the dash.

08 225, 183k KM on the clock.

Up till today, she was driving fine, warning had been on/off for about 3-4 days.

Hooked my my cheapo obd reader this morning and no codes logged of course but after turning it off and on again shortly after, "check engine" light flashed and I captured a "multiple/random misfire" error.

Drove to garage (CEL had gone out) and car was fine, no issues revving thru any gear.

On the diagnostics, the turbo/wastegate solenoid & misfire in C4.

Literally after leaving the garage while he goes price up parts...limp mode. 2800RPM max and ~95km/h.

So, where can I pick up the solenoid and a coil for cylinder4 (? Am I best to go via Renault themselves?

I had a quick look on renaultpartsdirect - http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-ignition-coil/ but no sign of the solenoid for a Mk2 Megane

2. Check the vacume pipe on the intake manifold

3. Check the brown and black connector on the intake pipe may have came loose I had the same problem

4. Cheers folks

Will check it in the morning. Prices for a coil and solenoid don't seem too bad to be fair, fair few miles on her as well so wear & tear maybe.

5. New solenoid and injection coil on c4, errors stopped appearing.

Got the TB cleaned as well and a silicon airbox to turbo hose added.