175 DCI Check Injection message

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Forceindia, Aug 31, 2015.

1. As above, seems to be a theme with the DCi's at the moment! Last week the wifes dci threw up the check injection message. Gave it an italian tune up (ie drove it hard!) to see if it was a clogged dpf etc. No change.

Car runs fine, but the engine seems to shudder when turning off (it's normally smooth as silk, which has always surprised me for a diesel).

Throwing up the code p0380-powertrain glow plug/heater circuit A.

Any ideas?

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Mine judders when turning off now and again, it picks it's moments when it does it, no pattern as such.

P.s. LM2016 pitch pal? Been meaning to message

3. Yes, count me in.

Been reading on a Nissan forum that it could be plug related, apparently they use afterglow to keep emissions low? Might book it in to get them changed.

4. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Sweet, i'll mark you down. Fire me over your number on pm, i can't get you so easy of Facebook anymore.

That's a new one to me, never heard of afterglow. I though they needed changing when it started taking longer to start? Have you tried a clip copy?

5. glow plug top be change, no brainer. you can do it yourself if you know someone with a renault clip or similar to delete error code from ecu

6. Been told glow plug change can be a pita on these. Also read that in the laguna/espace there was a glow plug issue where they updated the plugs to low voltage ones and that when changing you have to do all 4,and have the ecu coded?

7. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Christ, is anything simple on these?

8. what you have to be careful though is that Renault glow plugs can break in the Head while trying to remove and Renault has release a special tool to remove the broken one to his stealers when this happen, make sure copper grease or equivalent is aplied to the thread before refitting