Check injection esp light

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dave Smith, Feb 13, 2019.

1. So this lovely car has developed the usual problem, just went into limp mode and the usual symptoms.

Got a genuine n75 valve from Renault along with a new battery (over 200 quid later) and fit everything up. Take her out for a spin and yes, it's fixed it......

Then I'm in a queue of traffic and it goes back into f*cking limp mode again.

Any ideas what else causes this ???

2. If youve a have half decent fitters or even better a good reno independent pop in and stick Clip on it, could be quickest and possible cheapest way to fault, others wise it’s trial and error over time

3. Injectors, coils plugs to name a few. There appears to be many other causes for this light to come on as I’m sure you’ll find if you search the forum. It’s tough to pin it down really unless you plug it in, probably save you some cash in the long run.
    It happened to mine just after I got it so I just took a punt on new plugs coils and injectors at a cost of about 230£. Solved it but then straight away the emissions light came on. Bought a 20£ obd reader and a free app which pointed to the second lambda sensor. Fitted a new one which solved that. Been good ever since.

4. Be inclined swap CAT sensor, they’re at most sensitive during engine idle

5. Only thing is I'm in Ireland, not much in the way of support. And the fact I can't drive it anywhere means I'm diagnosing on the driveway. Can see this getting expensive to fix or me losing thousands on this thing.

6. im trying to get my hands on CLIP software and i will run it for codes. Im also gonna go check

exhaust (this is the only thing ive changed since i bought the car mid box chop)
    wiring
    coils
    injectors

7. CLIP is Reno based, not cheap, might be better getting third party stuff as mentioned above

8. Trying to get my hands on a cracked version. But I have the other stuff in order. Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

bobsan likes this.
  9. So to update I'm hoping to pullppul codes tomorrow but in the meantime today I checked over a few things.
    Exhaust downpipe is fine.
    Wiring all looks good but I haven't con checked it properly.
    Can't see any splits in vaccum lines.

The car starts fine at the moment, so the fault has gone intermittent again. For proof of concept I pulled the connector off the n75 valve and it threw the check injection warning and went into limp mode, BUT, didnt throw the ESP warn light and ran normally when in this mode.

When the fault has previously happened tgt revs jump up to about 1400 and it runs like a tractor. So I'm thinking it's more than the n75.

I can't seem to get the connector to seat properly on the valve, there's no positive click to seat it, it seems to want to back off. Is this normal?
    I cable tied the connector on very securely and brought it out for a spin, a spirited one, and it was fine. I then let it sit at idle on the driveway for about 6 or 7mins and it was fine.
    This is breaking my heart.

10. Engine shut down on me on track yesterday at upwards of 100mph, not fun! Pulled over with dreaded check injection light on. Stopped car, restarted and it went away. Drove 140 miles home with no issues. Just plugged it in and no fault codes stored! Random french electronics.

11. Jesus you're lucky man. Mines now driving issue free 2 days now. I think it was to do with the connector on the n75.
    I've it cable tied on for the moment and I'm trying to find a replacement one from a breakers.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

12. And after 3 days of care free lovely driving as I'm pulling into my drive it happens again.

I'm thinking coils anyone got a link I'm gonna order them tonight.

13. So pulled codes and got

Df095
    Df193 invalid injection multiplex
    Df001 ECU out of range
    Df282 no injection multi Plex signal

So I haven't been able to replicate the condition of when it happens. When it happens I get

Check injection warn
    Esp light
    Runs on 3 cylinders
    Limp mode
    Idles at 1200rpm

So pulling a coil results in
    Check injection warn
    Esp light
    Runs on 3 cylinders
    Idles at 825rpm

Pulling n75 valve results in
    Limo mode
    Check injection

But cannot make the high idle happen. Also the car is running fine again, so the problem is intermittent.

Any ideas?

14. Hello, I had something with very similar symptoms on my 250. It turned out to be an individual coil pack that had given up the ghost. It was intermittent at first like you describe. It will get worse (more regular) until it's a full failure and you're on 3 cylinders all the time. Depending how you're maintaining your car you can either order all 4 coils and replace all 4 or just replace just the faulty one (using the usual method). Obviously the former will give you more time before this happens again but is more expensive.

15. So update time, I went ahead and replaced the 4 injector coils and we are currently in our 4th week of trouble free motoring. Ive only just started to trust it again because tha fault was so sporadic.
    It came back once after the N75 valve replacement and then not again since but i replaced the coils shortly after, so it was one of the two.
    Back to enjoying one of the most intoxicating cars ive ever owned.

16. Nice update, assume you replaced the 4 fuel injectors not the 4 coil packs

17. Ah sorry, im an eegit, i meant ignition coils

bobsan likes this.