250 check engine when hitting 5500rpm

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Paolo Pinkel, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

my DMF and clutch got replaced with new Renault parts. Now I get the "check anti pollution" light sometimes when I hit over 5500rpm. The stored fault code tells me something about the TDC sensor. I already replaced the TDC sensor but the problem remains.

I have no loss of power, the engine noise is the same. Just the warning lights come on. Switching off the engine won't cure the fault code.

Do you have andy idea what would case this issue?

Thank you

Cheers

Pete

2. On My Espace Dci (different car i know but same ECM) i had check injection and check emissions light on, car run fine and no limp mode, Nobody could find what was wrong been to 2-3 garages including renault dealer, in the end they erased the ECM and reflashed it like if it was brand new car, re-entered Injectors number in it and jobs a gooden, been 2 month now and car run perfect

3. check temp reading and maybe change thermostat, if temp is not correct engine wont go passed 5k rpm

4. I can easily pass 5000rpm and rev into the limiter at 6500rpm, just when I hit 5500rpm I will get the check anti pollution and check injection warning lights.

5. Still could be temp related If ECU feels water temp v’s emissions v’s rpm are out wack

6. Overboosting? Possibly a sticking actuator?

7. But is overboosting not more likley to throw a fault code like "turbo boost condition"?