Check anti polution check ignition

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by crowdie, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a megane 250! The car is running a scorpian exhaust with a sports cat fitted. Whilst doing some spirited driving two codes popped up, check anti pollution and check ignition. Is this something to be concerned about? I'm assuming it is the sports cat (I may not have let the car warm up enough). Can these codes be reset with the torque app / bluetooth obd or do you need clip?

Thanks

2. My 'check anti polution' light popped up last night after some hard driving. My 250 is fitted with a decat and was running without the light for over a week! I've heard they go once they're mapped though

3. When mapped the tuner should sort this so you don't get the error light coming up.

However sometimes it will do for various reasons, I used a VI monitor fault code reader to clear mine. Since mine was mapped it appeared around 1,500 miles later I cleared it off and it's not reappeared for probably another 1,000 miles since. Where you based 'crowdie' if near I can clear it for you.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Anti polution will be to do with the Decat/Sports cat

5. The car has been blue fin stage 2 remapped, I'm guessing this is a con of mapping this method as it doesn't seem to have prevented the light? The ignition warning has me a bit concerned.
    The obd reader thing should come tomorow so I'll have a crack at clearing it with that!
    I live in Yeovil, Somerset EAndy :smile:

6. Ah 370 mile round trip :smiley: I'm in Blanford in 2 weeks if it's still an issue as thats only 25 miles away

7. Oh that works well, visiting k-tec I take it?
    I may well take you up on that if it still persists, cheers!

8. Yep, KW Coilovers, strut brace, bigger brakes, braided lines few other little silly bits.

Getting it ready to track.

9. Nice! Sounds like it's going to be an animal