265 Check Anti-Pollution, ESC & Engine Failure Warning

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Enock Mhlope, Dec 28, 2020.

1. My Megane RS 265 had a few warning lights on the dashboard. I had a diagnostic check done by the RAC. The coil packs checked and they’re functioning fine, possibly the fuel injectors but not 100% confirmed.
    Warning for “Engine Failure Warning”, “ESC” and “Check Pollution System”.

Anyone else had this issue that can advise on what the cause of the issue was and roughly how much repairs were for their car.

2. Hows it running?

Any mods decat etc?

3. running lumpy, power alternating. No mods on the car at all

4. best get it on good ECU reader like CLIP for correct codes, could be multiple things usually plugs, coil packs or sensors inc zort and inlet sensors causing it fuel incorrectly

5. Turns out the wiring loom was damaged as part of it was by the dipstick. Possibly repairable, Renault quoted that it would cost £1500 for a new wiring room. Does this sound right? As I’ve found second hand wiring looms on eBay for around £120. I’m assuming it’s quite a time consuming task to complete?

6. If its just the engine loom it won't be too bad a job, getting to the aircon pump, oil level and pressure switch's and starter motor, all the other stuff is on or near the top of the engine.

7. right around the dip stick there's something like three branches in the loom it's quite a busy area but should be repairable if you can see physical damage and certainly worth investigating with those sorts of cost involved replacing the loom, got any foto's ??

8. Didn’t need a new loom after all, repairable and the bill was reasonable including a sparks plug change. Although a radiator leak has been noticed and highly recommended I arrange a cambelt change... it never ends haha

9. so just for ref what was cause of the multiple warnings ??

10. Injection loom damaged due to rubbing on dip stick, some of the wires had been pinched causing misfire readings to cylinders 2 & 3 due to short circuit.

11. That is good to know as milage creeps up on these odd faults can develop and you sure found one, also v happy was relatively cheap fix