250 Check airbag light

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Charlie Howard, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Upto you mate. How much they charged you for the loom?

2. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

£367.70 which includes diagnostic £80+VAT and labour. I assume keyless entry makes the loom a bit more expensive. I was going to do it myself but I thought with the airbag just get it fixed.

3. I've been through a similar fault recently. Ended up doing it at Renault. My fault code indicated a driver seat position sensor was causing the light. I proved that this wasn't the case myself but couldn't find anything else which it might be.

Gave up, went to Renault, first thing they did was change the seat loom for £400 as "that's what the computer said was wrong so we had to change it to rule it out".

Didn't fix it, no surprises there. The important bit was that I didn't have to pay for it as the problem wasn't fixed. They then went on to diagnose a problematic airbag ECU... this fixed the problem (and cost £600).

In some cases, like this one, it may be best to just get it done at Renault like you're thinking. Otherwise you may find yourself chasing your tail with fault codes sending you in all directions but the correct one and end up spending £100s on things which don't fix it. At least with Renault they will take the brunt of the cost for anything which doesn't fix the problem.

4. Charlie Howard

I took it to Renault on Tuesday and they said it's the loom in the door that's faulty but they didn't have the part. I paid upfront because I like to get stuff out of the way and am waiting for a call from then when the part is in. Ever since I've had the car back the light has been off and no service light, car says OK when you start it. I think they've accidentally fixed it, not sure if I should call and cancel or just do it.

5. If the lights off the lights off! Would probably mention it to them and then they can hopefully explain what they did which fixed it / whether they they think it still needs replacing.

6. Charlie Howard

Yeah, I'm going to speak to them and see what they think. I'll try and get a refund for it too, I know I'll still have to pay the £80+VAT diagnostic that's fine but I guess they found a loose connection.

7. Charlie Howard

I've still been having this issue on and off so I took the door card off again and found this
    6r9GDsD.jpg
    Soldered new wires in so hopefully it's sorted it now. Just a good idea to check every part of the door wiring if you have this issue.