Check ABS message

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RHK3, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Since I've owned my 2010 250, I've got the following error come up, for the 4th time since December 2015.

It says Check ABS, followed by Check ESP, which is followed by Check Braking System. But it disappears of its own accord or if I restart my car.

Should I be worried? I know people say it can be due to water getting in through the scuttle drains and messing up the ABS module or something along those lines.

But I recently checked my scuttle drains and they were clear.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Have you checked everything over including brake fluid?

3. ^ just came on here to say check brake fluid level.

4. I'm planning to get it all checked tomorrow, but I'll check my brake fluid level today, just in case it is just that.

Is there anything else that could be causing it?

5. A cracked ABS ring possibly. If it's stored a fault, whoever is checking it should be able to read that and see whats causing the issue.

Low fluid could be worn out pads. As the pistons extend more the level can drop below the threshold for the warning.

6. Okay cool. Thanks for advice.

I'll get it all checked tomorrow. I'm just hoping it's not the module that's got a fault.

7. Errors were the front right speed sensor and the steering wheel angle was out.

He reset the steering wheel angle and removed the fault codes and said to come back if it happens again.