Cheap Exhaust solution to make it louder

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sonyboy, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hi All, I'm pretty new to the various options available and would like an ideal of likely cost to achieve a slight increase in exhaust noise in my standard 250. The only thing I'm considering is a remap if I can find somewhere local. Can someone with me few options with cost? I know there's two so far:

-Cat-back - I had this on my ibiza cupra (Miltek exhaust- £400)
    -Resonator delete - Friend mentioned this but said there is a chance of a droning noise? but every car is different - £75 ish.

I don't want anything too noisy.

Thanks.

2. Midbox chop is the most cost-effective thing you can do, so i vote for this. For me, it isnt droney at all, but as it was too noisey for me with decat, i installed sport cat where the midbox was and now it is the same as the car with the original cat and midbox chop, exactly right for me (Y).

3. I've done the mid box chop on mine.Sport button on and it pops and bangs, sounds great and no drone. Sport button off and you would never no that it had been done.

4. I've got a standard 250 exhaust which has already had the mid box chopped, free to collect if you want it then if it does drone to much for you then you could always put your stock one back on

L-1011 and sonyboy like this.