Changing Exhaust!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stock265cup, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Is changing exhaust on 265 a straightforward job or is there any quirks to know about? I’ve ordered a cat back exhaust from K-etc looking to change soon as my is broken just before back box. Will be doing an oil service in my car over next few days so will have a look at exhaust removal/replacement then. Just wanted to know if any niggles I may come up against? As always any feedback, greatly received.

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I am sure if it's a stock exhaust it will be one piece from the cat to the back, i took a reciprocating saw to mine, cut it up into sections to get it out, ohh you will need to remove the rear bumper to get the back section out and the new one in.

3. Cheers for the info.

4. Is it difficult to access the flange bolts for changing 265 exhaust? I had a look whilst under car the other day( whilst doing the annual oil and dreaded filter change). Nuts look easy enough to get to but am thinking of bolt heads on the other side? As always any feedback greatly received.

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

it isn't easy, helps if you move the electric water pump out of way, they might look rusty etc, but as there mild steel once cracked there normally okay to get undone.

Make sure your spanners are on properly, or you might loose some skin on your knuckles, been there done that :rage: