Ceramic coating cost

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Dubz, Jun 1, 2017.

1. I'm looking to get a local detailer to do an enhancement detail + Ceramic coat but was wondering how much would you normally need of the ceramic coating to do the car?

I ask as when i met him for a quote he mentioned he doesn't charge for the application as it would get polished etc anyway, he's priced the Ceramic coating at £130 using 'Always Dry 9H-LDC (5 year)'.

Does this seem reasonable as the 'pro' version (10 year) is only $120 for a bottle although the site isn't clear if that's for 30ML or 50ML, he charges £230 for the pro.

I don't want to ask him directly as i'll sound like an ass but i just want to check if this seems reasonable. (£250 for Enhancement with a couple of bigger scratches fixed).

2. I paid £450 for Gtechniq CSL. The materials alone cost almost £250. I think anything less than £400 for a ceramic coating you'd need to question the quality of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

4. I charge more than that for an enhancement detail. Even at mates rates.
    If you want paint correcting and protecting properly it takes days not hours and the price reflects that.

I can spend 2/3 days correcting and protecting a car doing 9 hour days. So it all depends on how much someone values their time.
    Personally I ask for more per hour than my day job. But the quality and attention to detail reflects this.

5. it's done over a weekend, drop off Friday for a late Sunday pickup.

It's an actual work shop and largely dealt with dealers until recently, sounds like it should be good then, he was very honest and didn't think me car needed much / any correcting and suggested i just start with an enhancement with a little extra work on a couple of minor scratches.

In total for the both he's quoted me £400 + some extras i'm getting done.

http://www.deepglossdetailers.co.uk/

6. You'd want an enhancement detail and coating. If you just cost old paint then you're sealing in scratches etc. I did mine myself with carbon collective gear. It took me just over a week of evenings and weekends and probably cost me about £150 in bits. I got quoted between 6 and 800 quid to detail and coat my car in the 9h stuff to give you a rough estimate