265 Centre Box Cut

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ScottishEstateOwner, May 24, 2017.

1. Looking for a bit of advise here from some people who have got this done, Obviously with having the Meg Estate I don't currently have a showing exhaust but if plans go right I will be getting the 265 diffuser to fit mine and then will be getting a back box to position the exhaust at the exit pipe. Going to want a bit of crackling but not too loud.Has anyone in a 250/265/275 had any droning or finds the centre box being cut out too loud or should it just be right for a bit more noise ??

2. I think most people who have done it find that it gives plenty more crackles/pops mostly in sport mode.

I have no mid box and a decat and I don't find that my exhaust drones, so a mid box chop shouldn't drone.

ScottishEstateOwner likes this.
  3. Just had mine done and it's awesome. Deeper tone but by no means intrusive in the cabin. Zero drone, something i was worried about. Pops and cracks in sport are very addictive:grinning:.

ScottishEstateOwner likes this.
  4. Awesome. What a cracking mod, love mine sounds awesome. Was popping and banging all the way home from work. Sounds crazy on the overrun.

5. Glad you did it then! So nice to be able to switch it on and off too!

6. Definitely, well worth it. Added bonus of it being switchable too like you said. Win win!

7. Does sound great will definitely be getting this done to mine no drone at all but got the pops and bangs exactly what i like