Central locking and window fault

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Stephen Portlock, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Hey guys,

so my central locking seems to be going a bit mental...

It’s randomly opening itself and doing it a few times before it stops. Which isn’t great as it’s happening throughout the night!
    I don’t know if it’s one of the key cards? As it doesn’t seem to happen when I hide it lol!

also, this has started since the drivers door window switches are playing up? If I put the passenger window down on the passenger door, it’s fine. On the drivers switches they go down a few inches and have to keep pushing the switches?!

any ideas?

2. The doors locking and unlocking happens on mine from time to time. Like you, I found that it’s the key fob that’s sending the signal. I put mine down to a low battery in the fob.

As for the windows. Sounds like you need to reset them. Send the windows all the way up and then keep the button pressed for about 20 seconds. Not sure of the actual time required but 20 did mine recently.

I hope this helps.

Stephen Portlock likes this.
  3. ok cool, I’ll change the batteries but only change a few months ago...

Awesome, thanks mate! That sorted the windows a treat

4. Not sure about the key fob then because that seems to have solved mine. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

Glad your windows are sorted though. [emoji1303]

5. I’m interested to know if anyone else has had the rapid locking/unlocking and found the actual problem?

6. I'm pretty sure this is down to a faulty keycard. I had this happen after I accidently dropped the keycard on a hard surface. After that, whenever the keycard was in range of the car, it randomly locked/unlocked rapidly and the same thing happened when the keycard was in the reader as well. Something must have gotten damaged inside the keycard when I dropped it. Ended up having to swap to my spare keycard.