Celtic Tuning 225 Remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ZaakRS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm a proud owner of a 57 Plate Megane 225 Lux, and have been since November 2015. My car is completely standard other than the Forge Motorsport Dump Valve I had fitted. I'm getting to the point now where id like more power, so a remap is the first thing on my list. After having a brief browse on the web, a stage 1 remap seems to offer the biggest power upgrade for such a reasonable price..
    Celtic Tuning are offering a stage 1 remap for £295, boosting BHP from 221 to 276, and increasing Torque from 221lbs/ft to 270lbs/ft. For such a reasonable price, the increases in power seem massive.
    What I'd like to know is:

1) Has anyone had experience with Celtic Tuning, and are they any good?
    2) Could such a power increase cause any problems with my standard car?
    3) Are there any other companies/remaps you'd recommend over this one?

Cheers, Zaak

2. Haven't heard of them before! That sounds like a big jump for a stage one but not stupid. Just make sure you keep up the regular maintenance, but be prepared that if your clutch is nearly on its way out then 270 will finish it off nicely! Only other companies that crop up every time are RS tuning and Henk who's maps are also used by engine dynamics I believe. Or my friend used elite remaps on his 265 and had his car dyno'd after and the figures were spot on.

3. Find the gains hard to believe to be honest, just off just a Stage 1 remap. I'd say you'd be looking at between a 30-40bhp gain max. Place I'm looking at locally does a rolling road and I was told to expect upwards of 255-260 just from a Stage 1 remap. The only way you'd know for sure is to get it on a rolling road.

As said about with that much of a gain your clutch won't last long. Depends on the condition of the car as to what impact it would have on certain area's, brakes etc.

4. I've heard of them before I think, iirc there similar to the likes of REVO in the fact they have multiple dealers.

5. Hadn't thought about the clutch, don't think its been changed before so I'll have to bare that in mind! Id like someone who uses a rolling road so I can see before and after, but Celtic don't seem to offer that. I've just had brand new brembo discs and pads on the front as well as a new steering rack, the rest of the car is pretty sound!

6. I took my 2006 225 lux to Celtic tuning in February this year.They do a pre map and a post map on the rollers. Mine went from 221 to 258 bhp and 225 to 315 ft/lbs. However, take heed, that amount of torque cannot be taken by the clutch and within a week. I changed to an engine dynamics single mass flywheel and an RTS dual compound clutch, added a short shift and now it really pulls. Map has torque kicking in at 1800rpm all the way through to 6500. Next project is forged rods and pistons! Celtic Tuning are amazingly professional and once my engine is forged they have offered me a free roller session as an existing customer. Good excuse for a blast down to Cornwall!!

7. Hi Zaak.

I went to Celtic in Feb 2019 for a stage 1 on my 225 lux.
    Impressed with their professional services and results. Mine went to 258bhp and 315 ft/lbs. It's savage, but will eat your clutch and dmf.
    I opted for a and and dual compound clutch with short shifter and it's now mighty quick off the line....new rubber please, or a quaif lsd please.