Catch can

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nathan250, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Is anyone running oil catch tank on a Megane 3 at all ?

2. will be soon

3. I have 2 on mine at the moment all just seems a bit unnessacary just want to try and fit one and make it more accessible. Where are you thinking of mounting yours ?

4. between engine top breather and inlet hose, basically in line with existing factory fit hose system that will catch the small amount of oil the closed loop typically puts into the intake system.

5. Have you got any pictures of the original setup at all ? Thanks mate

6. anybody got any ball-park idea of how much difference, if any, it'll make on a car with subsequent mapping?

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

In what way?

Makes it run cleaner, Im planning on doing mine as well in a similar way to bobsan

8. Zero correlation between catch tank and mapping if that's what mean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Can't understand why mine has 2 tho doesn't seem any need for 1 of them in my opinion

10. Pin up a photo, be interested see that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. All looks a bit of a mess

12. Both the catch cans are located under the passenger headlight

13. Looks about right, Guessing ones in line between engine breather and intake hose, can't see other, maybe another breather, either them full of oil or have oil level view tube up side them ??

14. I eat does seem that way, can't quite see need to get them out and take a look as hard to see on on the view tube but I know that there is a fair bit running through the tubes

15. The one that starts near the blue inter cooler hose is engine breather and goes to catch tank then returns out of tank to air intake hose as it should, not sure what the other is that appeared comes off the intake manifold

16. What catch can was you thinking of getting as looking at one just look like cheap universal ones

17. How you got a picture of the standard setup at all ? The other seems to come from just under the inter oiler hose to the inlet manifold both have some awful inline filter in them

18. That's good, the more oil in tank less there is running around turbo blades and inter cooler radiator system

19. Why want to change yours, looks to be good set up

20. not change it just tidy it all up a bit that's all