cat options.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rhinodan, Feb 20, 2015.

1. ok guys so i thought my exhaust was blowing i checked everywhere its a ktec 2.75 inch cat back fully stainless so if it was blowing i would have thought it was at one of the connections, no it was blowing from the cat. standard renault cat from factory and it has snapped litterally clean in half so it is disconnected.

i cant really be bothered with more power as im looking to sell it on anyway and use the money i spend on it for better things like setting up life, ive had lots of fun with it lol but now im unsure where to go...

do i go standard cat with no maps required. nothing just a simple cat.

do i go decat, does this require a remap(its already mapped to 277 at rs tuning) or will the car run fine without a remap? is the remap only to remove engine management light??

looking forward to hearing replies.

thanks.
    Danny

2. Ovy

Ovy

If your looking to sell is welding/repair the old cat not an option? If not may be able to get a 2nd hand cat from a de cat owner who has one lying around? A lot less hassle and better when selling.

3. I have a spare cat that I could sell.
    Lee

4. If it's the same as the mk3, I have a stock cat too, 4 years, 34.000km, just removed. No plan to fit it back anytime in the future.

5. my mate is an engineer and could fix my cat up lol wasnt sure this was an option, i fitted cooksport springs myself, how far was i from having the cat out lol??