Sponsored By:  

Castle Combe, Latest update

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by RS250 castle combe, May 11, 2020.

1. 11 MAY 2020
    1. Home
    2. News
    3. COVID-19 UPDATE – 11 MAY 2020

5eb9423958f94-5e9708ad4bd95-90379484-10158419840759524-4873248951228170240-n.jpg

Following the limited changes to the COVID-19 lockdown as set out by the government last night, it is with sadness that we announce the postponement of all public June events due to be held at the Circuit. We are aiming to reschedule these event for later in the year and will issue details when possible.

We are hoping to be able to hold private track days in June, should government restriction allow, with the Circuit team working hard to implement new measures to ensure the safety of all those in attendance. More details on this will be released when possible.

We would like to extend our thanks again to you - our supporters, visitors, traders and participants for your continued understanding and patience during these difficult times.

2. It won't be long now, they have opened up golf courses :weary: there looking after the boys first :laughing::laughing:

3. Boys and there toys :grimacing: bring it on !! yeah June isn't to far away ..

4. Gotta get mine up to EFI first :cry::cry:

RS250 castle combe likes this.
  5. lets hope EFI will open before any track days .. I have been reading all the work you done to your engine , and fair play to you! wish I had your Knowledge and patience :neutral: going to be a kwick machine !! are there many Forged Engine mk3s on this Forum ?

6. I keep looking at his site waiting for the post to say he's open
    I think there are a few now, they are starting to show there age and with nearly every one having been mapped now :blush:

I was worried about the internals, having 115k miles and at least 20 trackdays, didn't want to take any chances with it throwing a rod out as that means another block

7. I see your point .. also don't the stronger internals handle the heat better as well as piece of mind when ragging round the track :smile:

8. I bloody hope so :laughing::laughing:

Yes they are designed for that purpose, a set of Genuine rods and pistons cost more than the forged items, the pistons are rated for 600hp and the rods for 9k rpm and 1000ftlb of torque, so 400hp and 400ftlb of torque wont be stressing it to much :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Just going to have to see how long the gearbox holds out :confused:

9. Crazy how genuine parts cost more than forged parts ..
    600hp and the rods for 9k rpm and 1000ftlb of torque , that's impressive !!! 1000ftlb of torque :grimacing::grimacing:

I just tried booking the 12/06 (on a Friday) at Castle Combe with Trackdays, but even know the payment has gone through there is no guarantee of a slot :smirk: might ring them tomorrow .

10. There is a bit of a difference in the size :laughing::laughing:

49445497226_cf95731d6e_k.jpg IMG_20200126_102534 by Ian Austin, on Flickr

Okay will look at that, will have to see if i can get my mapping done before then

11. likewise , think im going to change my intercooler then book up for mapping .

12. What one do you have at the moment and what one are you thinking of getting ???

13. Pro alloy , its off the car at the moment , so need to sell it really.. I am going for Wagner same as I had on my bmw

14. Ahhh okay, i have the small Airtec, does a really great job

15. yeah I rate them too , I run one of them on my td5 disco and that's running a hybrid turbo 1.6 bar ,but I have fitted an EGT gauge to keep an eye on temps as I have seen it clime to 900c going up steep hills :flushed:(back off kwick) wonder the pistons haven't melted :grin::grin:and its done 222k miles

16. The last trackday i did was at Silverstone, the temperature was about 12-16 through the day, intake temp on the RS monitor read <20 all day, the only time it went up was when i was in the pits

17. Do they sit below the cross member ? keeping the water rad clear , that's what I don't like with the massive pro alloy ..

18. Its just about at the top of the crash beam, so yes the top of the rad is only covered by the air con rad

19. Ok sounds like it works good going by your temp's ! I would guess there all around the same price from what I have seen.

20. I bought mine when there was a group buy on this forum, saved a bit so softened the blow :laughing::laughing:
    Very rarely i pay full price for any parts for the car :blush:

21. I have booked the 3rd of July at Castle Combe (Friday) using there own website , hoping my Megane will be all set up and ready, bloody hope so :blush:
    also I have tried booking 12th June with track days but waiting to here back from them ..

22. yeah shame i missed the boat there :pensive:
    my plan is to sell the pro alloy , that's my way of softening the blow :neutral:

23. Sure someone would buy it :sunglasses:

24. Sorry only just noticed all your pictures in the attachment you sent , that turbo looks dam big :laughing:
    going to be some engine when that's all mapped up !!!! fancy doing another one in a couple of years time ?? :blush::blush: I'll get saving now :expressionless:

25. Yes i'm up for it, be a lot easier second time around, just need to get it mapped to see if it was worth the aggro :laughing::laughing:

26. Oh yes that would be dam awesome !! my mortgage is nearly finished :flushed: best get saving
    Be all worth it when your ragging round the track knowing that's under the bonnet ! and with the extra power, tracks like Spa and the ring should be game changing :expressionless: cant wait to see how this performs !

27. Its the kemmal straight that is the problem with Spa, the rest of the track is great.
    The ring doesn't really to much more power than a remapped Megane really, on a trackday then yes for the mile long straight :weary:

28. See where your coming from but surly more torque coming out the bends should benefit ?
    Have you weighed your car ? i had mine on a bridge and it was 1380kg

29. Yes that is for sure what we want, but there is a limit to how much torque you can put down in a front wheel drive car.
    No not weighed mine, no point really, i'm driving it to tracks so i want some comfort in my old age :laughing::laughing:

RS250 castle combe likes this.