Cars that you WANT but know you shouldn't

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Apr 8, 2020.

1. I have seen a nova turbo for sale in ebay for 10k.

Back in the day when I was a boy Max power had another big power nova month after month.

300 bhp and similar torque in a car weighing easily under a tonne is still as silly sounding as it was 25 years ago.

Who else has a secret desire?

2. It even has the period Speed line wheels that suit it so well. And an lsd so it has half a chance at gettinb the power down. See it sounds sensible.

3. The speed lines were the ones for the nova!

I was a little bit late to the game and had the corsa gsi, it was the start of the joke insurance premiums so I was lucky to even have that! Dread to think these days!

I knew a guy who had a calibra turbo, I'd probably have one of them. :kissingclosed:

NotaDiesel!!! likes this.
  4. I had a couple of opel mantas. Once you had a manta you would be a fraud for buying a calibra.

Guessing most if the calibra turbo engjnes ended up in Novas anyway........

5. I'd have a 20vT fiat coupe any day too.

6. I had one, drove it about 5 miles before i broke it to fit the engine into a Stilo Abarth to make it into a track day car, should have left it as it was, but i must admit i have been looking at another one, would also have another Uno turbo, i had 4 in total :sunglasses:

7. Good call on uno turbo. Balistic in there day.

Can't imagine the years have been kind. Definite fit.

8. The ones that are still going are £8k +, I had one lowered, uprated suspension and brakes etc
    Great thing was they didn't need to be mapped, the ecu would work upto 21psi boost, standard was 14psi

9. I had the 2.0 20v bravo, was such a distinct sound that the 5pot would make.

10. Ha ha ah I had a Marea estate (weekend) 20v, great car

11. just found this thread im pretty much the king at this but instead of wanting an not doing anything about it ill give it a whirl an buy a tried an tested shitter, just incase the world, an my mechanical knowledge an better judgement is wrong about said car, the latest being the l320 range rover sport even my range rover mechanic mate told me dont do it but id had a few beers an thought why not :tearsofjoy: turns out they live up to there bad reputation arent sporty at all and if you drive them like an r26 or try to things break:disappointed: but they look good broke down:tearsofjoy:

Attached Files:

12. I had a P38 4.6l loved it, was actually quite reliable, was one of the later ones, ended up having a porous block, i bought a brand new short motor for it and back in action within 3 days, sold it to a mate and he managed to roll it, total clown :astonished:

13. Ive got a soft spot for a p38, an you were lucky with a 4.6 they liked to get warm an push a liner out :disappointed: i almost bought one too looked amazing with all the light guards added to it in british racing green a mate was selling it cheap-ish but on a test drive it decided it wanted to be a v6 maybe it was just saving fuel an was ahead of its time:tearsofjoy:

Davis42 likes this.
  14. Also in unrelated news ian, a friend of mine wants a short shifter for his/her r26, your a man in the know so thought id ask:wink:

15. I only got the short motor as it was the quickest way to get it back up and running, it also wasn't that much more expensive than a reliner job.

Mine was also green, full cream leather as well, didn't stay like that for long though :openmouth:

Azza likes this.
  16. The 225 phase 2 and the R26 ones need machining, the others just need drilling and a ball stud.
    I know Andrewjeff's used to do them, but i think someone else is doing them now, Ktec stole his idea i believe

17. See now youve triggered an urge in my brain to get a p38 they look amazing in brg if i could find one with a 2.5 tds lump id snap it up an chuck a hx42 on it, 6bt dizzy head, big cooler, viscous delete, evry mod then roll some coal an kill the gearbox all on the cheap :sunglasses::tearsofjoy: like the pic attached but that was a drift dog e36 325tds

Attached Files:

18. See now youve triggered an urge in my brain to get a p38 they look amazing in brg if i could find one with a 2.5 tds lump id snap it up an chuck a hx42 on it, 6bt dizzy head, big cooler, viscous delete, evry mod then roll some coal an kill the gearbox all on the cheap :sunglasses::tearsofjoy: like the pic attached but that was a drift dog e36 325tds

Attached Files:

19. Dirty thieving bastards:rage: then they put ktec tax on it, :fearscream:well i will happily support the little man over the large money orientated companies so if hes still doing them ill have one :sunglasses:

20. Ive found a pic of machined shifters on here so if nobody is doing them anymore ill give it a whirl myself dont want to steal the idea but needs must an whats the worst that could happen :fearscream::tearsofjoy:

21. Ive had every flavour of nova and astra barr c20let, only because i bought an r5gtt an saw the light, but i understand your desire for mega torque steer :sunglasses:

22. Look what ive found ian, an its all your fault :tearsofjoy: id love to make a p38 pickup:sunglasses: wana go halfs on a silly purchase:wink: an keep it at yours so my missus doesnt find out:tearsofjoy:

Attached Files:

24. Ha ha ha ha i already have 3 cars, what do you think i would do with a 4th and i have the Mrs car as well, been there done that, so sorry i'm going to say no :laughing:

25. Cheers pal just wind me up an let me go then :tearsofjoy: i dont think the missus will go too mad but if she does im making a p38 pickup so ill sleep in the back of it :tearsofjoy: always thinking:sunglasses:

26. Bit like leaving your R26 standard, winding me up :laughing::laughing::laughing:

27. I dunno why im trying to keep it standard as the next owner will mod it, i might aswell be the first to defile it if thats the word :tearsofjoy:

28. I kept all of the bits i took out of my 225, when i was selling it i put it back to as close to standard as possible and sold all the mod bits off separately