225 Carminat satnav - dash clock problem

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by robpeyton, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Right...the Carminat satnav CD drive has decided it doesn't want to do it's primary function of reading CD's. Not a problem you say...you've you must have a TomTom - why use a very out of date turn by turn system? Ordinarily this would be correct - however, you can only change the dash clock by putting in the satnav CD and going through the settings menu. As above, it's not reading CD's so wont boot the satnav up to go though the menus!

Has anyone got any idea if the clock can be changed any other way?
    I'm pretty much stuck with two options:

Disconnecting the battery at midnight
    Some lovely person who lives in Surrey letting me borrow their CD for 2mins!

2. I have the same .......system luckily working fine sorry but I am in Lincolnshire

3. Sorry I can't help with the issue you're having, but I have a question; did you retro fit the megane 3 tom tom onto your megane 2?i was wondering about this earlier, and would be really useful to pick your brains on it.

Thanks

4. i think he has the std carminat system from the factory

5. As above, I have the OE carminat system.
    There was the option for LHD Meg 2 owners to have popup built in colour satnav but it wasn't possible for RHD models.
    I'm sure someone will correct me (or back me up) on this though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Lo and behold...

[video=youtube;0-80VqIBDLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-80VqIBDLY[/video]

7. [video=youtube;VLQ0Cw9gSHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLQ0Cw9gSHc[/video]

8. well I never knew that :smile:

9. does yours have radio text? something I stumbled across, when the radio is on press the right nob in and the display shows the station and song playing (not all stations though) you have to press it in again to change station