Carbotech

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Schumacher.gr, May 27, 2015.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Recently? It was an issue on the older versions of the compounds but doesnt happen anywhere near as much now, My first set of RC5+s fell off the backing plate but CL replaced them with no questions asked, Another member on here had similar recently and got offered a free upgrade to RC6's as they had no stock of the 5+s.

2. I've read a couple of issues on cliosport. Wouldn't stop me buying them as they may have been an old set. Although I would go for rc8 if track daying

3. No issues at all, done a couple of track days with them now and they are hardly wearing.

4. Better than my DS1.11 then, two track days in and i think after the next one i will have to change them :confused:

5. The ds1.11 are rated very highly on the clios. I shared a garage with a guy who now races and he used the rc8 pads and said they were simply epic. He started the day on the 5's, by mid morning swapped to the 8's

6. I must admit they are amazing pads, i am still on standard discs.
    stopping power is way better than my Mercedes and that is fitted with 8 pot callipers on the front and 4 pots on the rear :rolleyes:

7. Found CL pads to be very good except where big heat is involved , I've heat paint on my discs and have seen slightly over 600 deg C few times which caused them to fail, this is to be expected as these cars don't come with any kind of disc or wheel arch venting which prompted me to switch to the Carbotec stuff that offer greater retardation and larger heat window, the XP10 might be bit overkill for street driving but XP8 (not tried) could be good DD pad. I always thoughts the ds1.11 was a great all rounder and vale for money, kind to disc, lasted well and gave better stopping power than factory fit pads, CL also fall into that class. The Carbotec stuff is in another league though and think each driver needs to find the right pad for their driving style and need. its uncomfortable to fit a brutal pad just to nut around town.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've ran the 8s and 10s in mine. 10s are wasted unless your on proper tyres that can actually handle how much friction they can generate, You end up just getting the ABS triggering with them on normal road tyres. The 8s are a fantastic all rounder and have loads of stopping power on track, Even with 330bhp and DZ03s.

I dislike the 10s if your going to be doing quite a bit of road miles, they need to be abused to keep them good or you end up with deposits.

Whatever I get to replace the Megane next year will also be getting equipped with XP8s

9. Do you run XP8 all round Jamie? Ian has suggested running XP10 front and AX6 rear, given FWD is easy to lock up at the rear.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nah, They are too aggressive for the rears.

I've been running RC5+'s but have a set of PFC 97's en route to try next