Carbotech XP10s Front Brake Pads for MK3

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Daniel Godfrey, Jul 30, 2019.

1. If you want stopping power these pads are amazing and last ages.

They come with 10mm new and they now have 9mm.

£199 delivered.

Thanks Dan

2. They do offer good stopping power but are bit wooden ie ‘on’ or ‘off’ and lack bit of feel you get with other top range pads

-Jamie- likes this.
  3. I did not find that at all. The cold stoping power is very very good especially when you factor in that this is essential an endurance track pad. I also got loads of brake "feel".

If you want wooden feel DS2500 are the king for that. But not Carbotechs.

Just-that-ek likes this.
  4. If you’re liking the 10 you might also like the xp12 and then the xp20 which really bring you to the windscreen but still that on or off effect

Mintex F4r offer same retardation but more feel and manageable yet still kind to disc

-Jamie- likes this.
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Carbotechs are pretty wooden tbf, Pagid RST are my go to over them now. Comparable stopping power with a lot more feel

bobsan likes this.
  6. So are either of you wanting to buy them? Or just getting your posts up?

Just-that-ek likes this.
  7. what I find impressive is Ian at Carbotech will take old brake backing plate from any vehicle and apply whichever Carbotech compound you'd like, wish others did this.

Just-that-ek likes this.
  8. i suppose its because its all in house.Hes always been great with me over the phone.
    I have always used xp8`s..slightly odd pad,which at times can feel like its not gripping.
    But when they are pushed..they always seem to hang on.

Sorry to the OP for messing with his post.

9. i fkn hated DS2500 on my R26...really harsh on the disks to, for such a entry level, so called,`performance` pad.

10. I've run xp8s on my old 460bhp mr2 and they were amazing! Never any fade and just get better the hotter they get.

I went xp10s on the megane just because its like 250kg heavier than the mr2. I only had the xp10s on the car a short period as i ended up selling the Megane to fund an m3.

I had DS2500 on a clio because everyone said there were amazing!!! There were one of the worst pads i've used but then again i've used carbotechs and they make everything else seem rubbish!

11. about right mate..the carbotechs do like to be kept hot.And yes i found the ds2500 no better in the rear than the crappy yellowstuff i had in before.Groaning like hell after 1 or 2 high speed stops.

12. £180 delivered.

Cost me £265 from carbotech when new.

13. bump

14. £170 delivered.

15. Ill go 150 delivered?

16. Sold cheers