Carbon fibre center console

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by hazzf1, Sep 26, 2013.

1. I have seen a few meganes with carbon fibre center consoles and think it's looks great do these have to be custom made or can u buy these ?

2. Depends the oem ones in the trophy you can buy from Renault but i think their something ridiculous like over £1000.
    Have you checked streamline carbon? They do a few bits - unsure on center console though.
    Or you could wrap / dip / cover in real carbon.
    Their used to be someone on the cliosport website who would cover parts in real carbon, i forget their name though!

3. Daz

Daz

Ugh!

Right real ones cost over £1200 new and are probably not available any more - plus to be honest they're not the nicest things..

Streamline took my original and kept it for months promising me I was next on the list - they then decided they had more important things to do and basically fucked me off.

Wrap looks shit, dip looks fake, as far as I know no-one has done one in real carbon.

To be honest after looking at my Trophy original it's only a standard part with carbon layed on top (streamline said that's how it would have to be done too due to the amount of fixings).

I honestly reckon if I got a kit I could do it myself but time never allows.

4. Daz

Daz

^^^ It is.

5. It is CF with 3m the diference with a real one is the finish, clear plastic on cover instead of recin and transparent epoxic glue.

6. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

this.

7. Daz

Daz

You know I'm always right :smile:

8. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Only after me :wink:

9. Daz

Daz

Hmmm debatable :smile:

10. Is not CF effect... :mad:

11. Daz

Daz

No we know, it's very very thin carbon sheeting with a gel laminate top coat and a sticky underside.

The issue is it looks fake I'm afraid.

12. I have a trophy one and door pulls spare in garage ring was broke tho

13. I'm in talks about grtting one made up so watch this space....

14. Daz

Daz

Send em my way then!

15. Can do pal for small charge i was told they worth a few $ but i wont use em pm me you number n i'll send you some pics pal im happy with my dipped bits even tho you dont like em :tongueout: erudytyp.jpg

16. For how much chris?

Space being watched :smiley:

17. Well conversation at the moment has a ball park figure of 185-225 sterling which seems reasonable to me. The company make carbon steering wheels for Ferrari's etc. But like I say might not even come into fruition.

18. Ouch but not bad compared to reno price :thumbup:

19. 8200451184 £1336.20 is the genuine one :wink:

20. The ones i have are from ph1 trophy they are reno but not real carbon fibre but still uber rare gy8eguva.jpg what car came with the £1336.20 :eek: one cos these cant cost that im sure

21. trophy only!

22. Daz

Daz

Ads if you actually order one at £1300 does it turn up? I can't help feel they've chucked that price on there to stop people from ordering one!

I got that brand new one off ebay for £100!

23. yep it'll be 5 days

24. Daz

Daz

That's madness - that's half the cost of a cheap ph1!

No wonder they don't sell any!

25. its one in a list of idiotic prices tbh!

26. Daz

Daz

Yeah I had a fair few idiotic prices when I had the Williams!

27. Prices for some Williams parts are comical Daz!

28. So whats these worth then?

29. Fook thats a good price then pal got any pics ive seen ones looking alot worse than mine not seen a new one they are different tho

30. Daz

Daz

P1020042_zpsa74d15e2.jpg

31. Daz

Daz

That's before I put the other trim back in.

32. And the new one????

33. Also cant belive you got that oe stereo swapit for anything

34. Daz

Daz

That is the new one!

I know I'm still undecided stereo wise, this is the longest I've had an oem stereo!

35. O sorry looks patchy at top
    Love my alpine system its nearly as old as car but was one of best at time about £2k with all add ons i bought used of ebay

36. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

37. Use my ipod on mine sat navs a bit shite its got 07 map lol but can controll ipod with touch screen jagygu5e.jpg

38. I like the flip out doesnt say steal me quite as much but dab is deffo way t go :thumbup: