Car won't start after short shift

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Rubenastley, May 2, 2020.

1. Hey people!

I recently completed the diy short shift install on a mk3 megane rs. After I put it back together, it does not do much but omit a small tick sound after pressing the start button. I have a check injection light appearing as well.

I attempted to remove the ecu while removing the battery box but it was quite difficult so i decided to just move the box and ecu to one side. Tapping the whole was quite tight as well. Mayne I pinched something?

I have ab ebay obd2 reader which is not reading the ecu however it previously did.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance

2. almost certainly have ruptured a wire on one (or more) ECU multi-pin connectors

should really have remover the three connectors and not put strain on harness loom pushing it to one side

3. first thing could do is disconnect the three multi pins, remove ECU and start looking see if one pins had pulled out connectors

also look at pins on the ECU make sure none are bent

4. Well i'm and idiot. One of the ecu plugs was disconnected. All sorted on this one. Thanks!

5. if only more issues could be so easy, nice when happens

Lexy likes this.