Car jumps a little...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by moono16v, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Hi all. I've noticed every now and then when driving the car mainly in third or second that when I let off in gear and allow the car to slow naturally, I've noticed it sometimes pulls itself forward ever so slightly almost as if I have tapped the accelerator for a fraction of a second?!

I dont mean when I am going fast I just mean when I am in traffic cruising. Car is always warmed up and serviced every year, last serviced in September time.

Many thanks Elliott.

2. Do you happen to be in sport mode ?

3. If you let the revs drop below a certain limit with a closed throttle (Clio used to be 1400 revs, not sure on MK3 Megane), the ECU will open the throttle a little to stop the engine cutting out.

This may be what you are experiencing - it could accelerate the car a little.

4. No not in sport mode, that does jump like hell around town!

Xanda - not sure on that one mate but I've always driven the car the same since I bought it three years ago?!

Possibly that then maybe?! Thanks lads.

5. When you are at higher rpm with your foot off the throttle body will be fully closed, as the rpm drops the throttle body will open again ( as it does at idle ) to stop it stalling

6. I think that's what I said :smile:

7. I was just elaborating