Car Jerking

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RHK3, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hey,

My car seems to jerk when the engines cold for a about 30 seconds, it only happens when I start the car and drive straight away, if I let the car run for a few minutes before driving it doesn't happen.

Anyone know what it could be?

My cars a 2010 Megane 250 Cup.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Perfectly normal I believe, it's a trait of the F4RT engines, they do tend to kangaroo a bit when cold.

3. Does the car seem to be over-revving when you first start it, almost like it's cold ?

If so, it could be a sensor. Seems to be happening with a lot of these cars of that age... do a forum search for sensor or inlet sensor or something like that. I have that issue, have ordered a replacement sensor, am going to see if it solves the problem as it seems to have done so for others

4. Mine does the same just doesn't like being run cold . leave a few momentsfor the oil to flow and everything's fine

Nigelo likes this.
  5. Thanks for the replies guys

So is it nothing to worry about?

@neilrs let me know if that fixes the issue please

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The kangarooing is pretty normal. Mine done it when it was near enough new and still does it even though its fairly modified now. and not running the stock calibration, Just let it idle for a minute or so before heading off.

Nigelo likes this.
  7. Oh okay cool.

Thanks for the replies and peace of mind guys.

Nigelo likes this.
  8. Yup same here, 2012 still bucks if i'm impatient

9. Air temperature sensor does that too most of the times

Sent from my VIVO using Tapatalk

10. [​IMG]

Sent from my VIVO using Tapatalk

11. @Beast31 did you change your air temp sensor and the jerking stopped?

12. Didn't make any difference to mine