Car failed to start after refuel!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by STRACHS, May 1, 2014.

1. Just stopped at the local and refuelled the meg and on trying to start up after filling, the car failed to start and showed the engine warning light for a few minutes.
    After this the light went out and I could start the car but now the fuel gauge hasn't reacted at all to the new level in the tank. Any ideas?

2. Did you fill up with the ignition on?, I know mine did the same but when turned off then on again it sorted itself

3. Nah I defiantly knocked it off as the car locked behind me when I took the key into pay.
    The car is working perfectly fine this morning though hopefully just a one off.

4. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

The only way to see why the light came on is to plug it in I'm afraid. It came on for a reason though.

5. Take it to Renault for diagnostic. If it is on warranty it should be for free. If not only £29.99 for half an hour diagnostic.

6. Might be worth investing in an OBD 2 fault code reader as there only cheap and connect to your phone via bluetooth with a free app.
    Would show you any fault codes logged on the ecu and comes in handy for other things. Helped diagnose a dead injector coil on mine recently.

Dave

7. Dave could you post the OBD 2 Reader you use? as I have that cheap orange one which Ktec sell.

8. Yeah I will have to invest in a code reader and see what was up with it! I mean all is fine now just got in from work started up fine and fuel gauge is reading as expected.
    Gonna get it checked out though cheers for the advice guys!