250 Can anyone identify this strange apparatus?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by HASLE, May 22, 2019.

1. Hey fellas,

Does anyone know what the object circled on the picture below is supposed to be? It's situated behind the scuttle panel under the windshield on my 250...

Attached Files:

2. not sure if i'm right but there was mention in the past of something called a soundpipe that was fitted to 250's to pass fake engine noise into the cabin , the reason I say this is it looks similar location wise as the thing fitted to the likes of golf r's and s3's called a soundaktor. having owned a 250 I wasn't aware off this myself but on doing a quick search found info about it but no pics .

3. sorry stand corrected the sound pipe is actually the part you remove if you fit a blow off valve . remember once I saw a pic of it . not mounted where your mystery object is .

4. Actually found out that it's a buzzer/siren for an alarm, but to my knowledge, my car doesn't have an alarm system. But it must have been on the car from the factory, but maybe not activated? Very odd :smiley:

5. yes its factory alarm, so wait....you've a 250 without alarm ??

6. It's also used for the 'beep' noise when your car is fitted with keyless card. Mine was plugged out. Just plugged it in and ist worked again.