Sponsored By:  

Cadwell park - 22 may

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by bulardas, Apr 19, 2016.

1. R26

R26

There was me thinking this clown only tried to wind people up in the RS thread.

2. he's been kicked off just about every forum for trolling, he loves it, cracks me up LOL

3. i love my job, what's wrong with the working class ?

4. This went so far from the initial discussion regarding TD. Next step is to start swearing by mother's name

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

5. anyway, can't wait to get mine back from RS tuning and get the next couple of trackdays booked up instead of just trying to give everyone the impression that i do them, then spend most of my time on here telling everyone how to drive and what parts to fit, LOL.

6. booked the last space for cadwell on the 22nd, looks like a few r26's are going to be there, not had the confirmation from them as yet but will hopefully get that later today.

Just need to sort an exhaust and map tweak before then!!

Hopefully its not too warm as the eagle F1's I used last time did not like the heat that much, neither did the brakes!!

7. Pop some better boots on, you don't want them squealing round every bend.

8. I know but I will only do 1-2 track days this year and cant justify spending money on tyres when the F1's will be ok

9. Can't blame you mate, just go and have fun

P.s aerofoil doesn't really have anything positive to say on any thread he posts on lol

10. my dad ran his car at Anglesey all day on the goodyears, didn't break any lap records, but the tyres are fine on track. don't bother listening to anyone that doesn't actually own a car or drive on track LOL

11. Digging the Rants.

12. rants? lol

13. I did break my own record. I got around in under 6 minutes, so there!!.

14. is anyone taking a compressor of any sort to inflate / let down tyres during the day? I have a small electric pump which will do the job but its not the best just checking what other people might have

15. I will be

16. I'm a little intrigued. You said there are no pits boxes, but green grass where we can do tyre change and other things. Where are you powering the compressor from? And another question is: people usually leave they're tools/tyres/compressors...on the green grass as well and none is doing funny things around?

S.

17. Power the compressor from the fag lighter, your not inflating it from flat, their is grass and Tarmac area, nothing goes missing at all, their is always one of us around

18. they have roads running next to the track where people tend to park up they are not covered at all but you can change tyres etc there and last one I did people left tools just on the grass verge at the back. there are no power points last time a few guys had small generators

19. No need for a generator, Christ give only got to put a few psi in them, or do what I do take 2 spare wheels, not rocket science

20. Generator bragging rights. Nice.

For the real trackday aficionados, those that are seriously on it, know their stuff and working the boots to max efficiency, on a nice warm day and not effing about, there should be up to a 10 psi cold to hot tyre pressure variation.

21. If you find someone at a track day that can tell you the slip angle they're reaching front and rear, you're probably mistakenly at a testing session :wink:

It also depends on the track, and - if you're being super analytical - the specific tyre as well. Front left at Cadwell in a Megane, for example, gets worked pretty hard.

22. Quite liking the phrase - optimum slip angle.

23. he had a crazy setup, a massive van with 2 mx5's in there, full tools etc he raced in the mx5 league or something and he was kinda quick, it was a purple mx5 he had when I was talking to him

24. its looking like we could get rained on, but then again last weekend was meant to be rubbish and it was lovely out