Sponsored By:  

Cadwell park - 22 may

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by bulardas, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Hello,

I just booked a TD for 22 of may and I was wondering if anyone will be there for a friendly hand-shake?

S.

2. I've booked on

3. I've now seen on the list a R26.R with a Steve next to it. I assumed is you.

S.

4. I'm there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Does anyone knows how can you get a pitbox? You can rent them or first come first served?
    I would need to change my wheels there. And maybe even cover from elements.

S.

6. Theres no garages at Cadwell just open paddock areas, a mix of grass and tarmac. You can get a bit of temporary cover in the sheltered park ferme garage area, but it's not a rentable area and is part of the lower paddock flow to/from the circuit. Change your wheels in the open.

7. sure is

8. Tempted to do another cadwell but it's so expensive on a weekend £179 on the javelin website only £79 during the week

9. £79 will be for an evening not a full day

10. Yeah 79 is an evening, there still good value myself and Steve did a few last year and tbh it's just enough

11. ah ok, cant remember what I paid when i did one last year. Need to get the exhaust and map tweak done before then but will keep an eye on the remaining spaces.

12. Only snag with evenings is the tits that get sessions flagged and then you have wasted a heap of prep, travel time and fuel to sit around. Track time per £ can be a shitter.

13. That could be an issue, luckily javelin seemed to be on the ball last year so it wasn't an issue

14. Only flags I saw were black being waved at me for over taking in the corners, thought that was the norm

15. Not even Javelin can cater for some of the randoms that turn up for a cheap evening out. Pulling cars off circuit isnt too bad, its the oil spewing bangers that hack everyone off.

16. Like I said I've only had good experiences, the same can happen on full days had it at Snetterton a few weeks back wth MSV, after dinner was flag after flag for a while and a couple of oil spillages

Cadwell afternoons are local for me and Steve and tbh I can pop up there after an morning shift at work so it's convenient for a little fix haha

17. Yep I've witnessed you doin that Steve
    chasing me

18. Basic rule - the cheaper the track day, the more they are stuffed with time wasters.

19. The cheaper the track day the more days I'll do, been doing track days for years and never had a problem with javelin days at all, for those that want to pay top dollar with people like gold track, crack on, for me it's all about making it affordable, yeh I can afford the expensive days, but why would I , rather do twice as many for the same money , when and where are you next on track, I'll book on too, be a good laugh

20. I thought the reason behinf TD was to feel good and make new friends. All of a sudden everybody is worried they can't polish they're lap times or fine tune they're fixed suspension for the next international endurance race they must attend. So please let me know if I need to bring my national championship hill-climb winning helmet or sun-glasses are enough.

S.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

21. I've always said I go for good times not lap times, it's a track day not a race day

22. can't make the 22nd Steve, its my lads birthday, i'll be thrashing him and his mates at karting:cool: catch up with you on the other days for a few beers and a laugh, its what trackdays are all about.

23. But then again you get loads that seriously modify their cars just so they can go faster.

That seems to be what's it's all about as well. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

24. people just like to tinker with their cars, if they have a bit of spare cash, its put into the car with some mod or another, all part of the fun whether it makes the car better or not.

25. Well that's a first, all those people that mod their track cars with suspension, brakes, less weight, seats, power etc and turn up on a track day with 2 set of wheels just in case it's a bit damp aren't interested in better lap times or if the car is better or not.

26. christ your a bundle of joy to have around , I've got sets of different wheels with different Tyres, better brakes because they do the job better, never time myself though, not interested in times at all, just nice know when I've made the right improvements to get the best from the car and myself, no idea why your so negative with everything though.

27. If you we're to turn up on a set of normal road Tyres and they were squealing their tits off round every corner then I'm sure you would invest in a better tyre designed for the job

28. Don't feed the troll Steve :cool:

29. How many evening sessions have you done aerofoil?

30. Still can't get it if he has something with me or with Steve.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

31. most of what he says is negative who ever it's against

32. Evening sessions are not good value for money.

33. That's a no then lol, I do more full days but still stick them in now and then.

Me and Steve probably average around a day a month and as of yet I can't say I've seen an increased amount of idiots at evenings compared to full days.

If anything the fact you don't get race teams there using them as cheap test days is a bonus

34. He's probably never done a track day Dan you've heard of all the gear and no idea, this clowns got neither .

35. The general point though, before the 2 stressed chums dived in, with the next Javelin evening you only get 2 hours track time after sighting laps for £80. For £150 you get a full day, 9 hours. That's why it's poor value and that's before some red flag tit chops into your 2 hour eve track time. A full day gives you flexibility, value.

36. Last evening session at Cadwell I got around 85 track miles, on an average full day I'll do between 2-240 miles on track.

I've never looked at the money side of thinks when I comes to Trackdays, I work hard so I reward myself.

Like I said in earlier post the evening sessions are handy for a nice buzz as I work shifts

37. Valid points and thanks, nicely on topic.

38. You keep trying, it's keeping everyone amused

39. Lmao , should change his name to Rodney (right plonker)

40. Dig a nickname. Yours? The WKR (Working Klass Roofer).

Stay Lucky.