Bung for the sound generator

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ahmed918, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Hi all

Fitted a forge recirc valve a few months ago and around the time mid box delete too

Followed up by a ktec induction kit this afternoon.
    It’s given me the sound i was looking for from induction/turbo/exhaust perspective

I think perhaps the sound is pronounced with the sound generator. Have looked across the web and threads for a link to a bung, struggling to find one

can anyone link me one please?

cheers

2. This is what I used, purchased them on EBay several years ago so no link...

69F1FBF5-B5E1-4D46-80B8-6AA1451B2354.jpeg
    613241DA-F09D-4028-9F4F-DB28CC970C96.jpeg

3. So a pack of 2 32mm silicone bungs would do the job to fit onto both ends?

cheers

4. Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.
  5. Yes just the one, i didn't cut the pipe back, just removed the generator and shoved this in the end and secured it with a Jubilee clip.
    It will be max boost pressure, with the one i posted a link to has barbs to stop it coming out without over tightening the clip.

6. Ah okay needs barbs. I'll grab one at some point. Need to change old intake pipe might do it then cheers

7. got 2 myself only because i got rid of the pipe altogether. Top side is easy enough accessible, the bottom part turned out to be a bit more tricky to access but got there in the end and bunged both sides up

32mm was spot on, nice and snug

8. can someone show me a picture of what and where this is?

Scott Lewis Chambers likes this.
  10. Its a sound thingy. It's next to the air box. In the gap between the block and the air box.

Mind my skanky engine on my todolist.
    View attachment 33000

The black plastic pipe thingy. That says Renault on our. Next to the power stearing fluid box.

You take it of there are two bolts I think. And it's attached to a pipe at the bottom. You put the plug it that. If you swap in a dump valve from forge and the full spring recir one I think. They tell you how to remove it. It's fairly simple.

11. Odd image didn't upload sorry
    IMG_20200506_193123.jpg