Building a r26r rep.

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Lee in scunny, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Daz

Daz

Awww you've put decals on it without taking photos of the r alloys first!!!!

Looks good mind.

2. Sorry daz. The decal man came before my tyres did mate.
    Lee

3. Are they OEM decals or custom made?

4. Custom made ones from Spain.
    Lee

5. Ah must have missed that bit :rolleyes:

look forward to seeing it at cadwell ... how do you find the ride on BC's ?

6. Brilliant lee, well done mate, see you at cadwell

7. ive got the track ones not the road spec so they are a little bit harsh. I could live with them but not on a daily. I still need some set up time with them. First off I took all the compression out of the dampers but they felt too crashy. I then raised the rear by 5mm which helped. I have 10 clicks of comp on the front & 8 on the rear. It feels quite stable & not too harsh but I still need a full geometry set up done. I just can't decide weather to put it on a hunter system or have a full set up with corner weighting.

Cheers steve.
    Lee

8. I will come out for a few laps at Cadwell and see what its like :tongueout:

And I would just get the Camber and toe set up for now ... see how it is

Is there anywhere local to you who could corner weight it ?

9. well effing done lee. Nice to see a rep car actually look like the real thing! Have you dropped the forged engine in yet?

10. Got the details to who supplied the decals? I want some r style ones making up that dont say R26.r on them

11. While I personally do not understand why anyone would build a replica (of any car) I do have to say you have done a great job.

12. That looks pukka, unreal job mate

13. Fair play mate, some top quality work done there, costly I bet but when it looks like this it shows its well worth it.

Where you get the headlights from mate? Looking at upgrading my standard halogens to the xenon's.

14. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

They're not xenons, they're R26R black insert halogens. They're from Adam at Renault.

15. as feirny says they are genuine r26r halogen items. I've not totalled what I have in the car but its probably half of what a r26r will sell for.
    Lee

16. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Lee that looks absolutely awesome had to double check mine was still outside :smile:

17. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Just seen him drive past my work, my word does it look good!

18. My bad, look like the xenon's, either way looks smart as. Feel a tad jealous :tongueout:

19. Cheers chaps I feel it's a job well done. Next phase will be the new engine, turbo & fuel system during next winter.
    Lee

20. You've done a brilliant job there lee. Well done!

21. Was lucky enough to see this work of art today at RS Tuning - F me, the pics don't do it justice at all - it looks unbelieveable. Great to meet you today as well Lee

22. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm no great photographer but I am a dab hand with a polisher...... :smile:.
    Lee