225 Broke Down Yesterday!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Danp, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Left my house yesterday morning heading to the coast and about 10 minutes later this happened
    [​IMG]
    Not happy!
    The pressure sensor had come off. I think that is what it is called. It goes next to the pipe which has the dump valve on it.
    Now I see forge do a clamp set to keep it in but the AA man said that I may need "an O ring" aswell. I have had a look and both clips that hold the sensor in are gone so basically what do I need guys? Can I get away with just the forge clamps or do I need something else aswell?
    Cheers

2. Happened to me too. Originally I replaced the rubber o ring and cable tied it down, which worked but didn't look nice. I have since got the forge clamps and they work perfectly :smile:

3. Where can I get a rubber o ring from? And what size do I get?

4. I can't remember, I had random sizes laying around my garage so luckily I found one to fit. Any local diy store should sell o rings, and they are usually pennies. Either take your sensor with you or just but a few and see what works.

5. ok thanks mate

6. You should be able to replace the whole pipe from renault a lot of people break that clip fitting dump valves

7. The whole pipe is about £42 from Renault, I bought one about 6 months ago when my clips broke.