Brembo touch up paint?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Tex, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Tex

Tex

Has anyone had success with any touch up paints for a good match?
    I have one or two very small chips I'd like to fill in on my red 250 cup brembos

2. Tex

Tex

Things I have heard suggested (and would be great if anyone has tried any to report back)

Humbrol Metallic (exact colour unknown?)
    Halfords Toolbox Red
    Capsicum Red 727

3. renault ultra red is supposed to be the same colour.

Mossyv6 likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex

Thanks, have you tried it?

5. Halfords do a red caliper paint which is quite a good match..its available in a small tin or spray.

6. People say Renault Capsicum is a good match but trust me it’s not!

7. no..but i remeber several posts over the years from others that say it matches..

8. Capsicum red on trophy definatelh not as brite as calipers. ultra red good shout.

9. Tex

Tex

Have you tried ultra red?

10. I have a red R26 and had to get some paint mixed for the car as Renault dont do one I have used the same paint on my chipped calipers< I had to beat out the pins too > and the match is perfect.

pasted this from a post i found from years back....The red R26 colour was ultra red..

11. Sorry. Not tried ultra red. Does look right brightness.

I have some vw touch up from old red polo gti. would probably try that if i had a chip.

How much touching up do you need to do?

They are hidden by the wheel mostly. And are coated in brake dust most of the time.

I remember when I was looking for an anthracite for a wheel touch up I just took a bit of paper into halfords and painted all the greys as stripes. Took it outside and rested up against the wheel for best match. Do halfords even do touch ups?

12. I like my cherry red on my calipers :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

13. you wont match those fkn things!..not unless you put a blow torch on it afterwards!...And your rear calipers!..i had more paint on my drive after cleaning them,than what is actually left on the callipers!

14. That's where all my paint went
    I like the colour makes it look i at least have been trying :laughing::laughing:

15. hate to see the state of the seals!...

16. i changed them twice last year and they have had another set this year :laughing::laughing:

17. No I didn’t as I was recommended Capsicum but was to dark. I just resprayed all of the calipers in capsicum.

18. I was also told this, i can concur capsicum red does not match

Mossyv6 likes this.
  19. I got an ultra red off eBay for my brembo calipers and it's pretty much a match:wink:

Mossyv6 likes this.
  20. Do you have a link to what you bought?