breather pipe issue.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Cavell07, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Hey guys, been having a problem of late and its to do what I believe is the breather pipe. The pipe itself is split but has been reconnected using another pipe, when its reconnected the car pretty much struggles to run and then stalls. However when the pipe is separated it seems to run OK. Now the pipe is obv meant to be connected so a bit stuck as to why this is. Not managed to get a decent picture of it yet but this is the pipe I mean. Hope I've explained this well enough.

meg3-1-picsay.jpg

Cheers...

Paul.

2. 8200581292

3. I'm guessing this is a part number mate?

Just wondering if a new pipe will sort the issue as the pipe is currently connected but is struggling to start, rev it and the revs just cut out.

4. thats an oil breather pipe is it blocked?

5. Not that I'm aware of. I'll take it off and check. Only noticed it earlier when I topped up the washer fluid. Sounded like blowing air and noticed the pipe was in 2 parts but could be connected back via a rubber pipe. Will check it when it stops bloody raining.

6. Shouldn't make any difference, mine has a silicone one, guess a previous owner broke it.

7. Sorry to dig this up did you sort out your issue by replacing the breather? I’m having a similar issues with what sounds like an air leak and getting check injection/rough idle etc. but didn’t think this would be the cause?