Brands Hatch Vid

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by git-r, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Not sure if anyone from here made it today but there were some nice looking RS's.

My car is only stock but still managed a few 57 second laps which I was very happy with :smile:

One of those moments when you think you have it balanced but don't, thought I might have seen a flag after this but thankfully not :smile:

2. traffic ruined that little tussle you had with the caged golf.
    Looked to me you had the better grip in the corners,even though his car was obviously heavily modded.

Nice hadfulls of oversteer with your`moment`..oh well,at least you gathered it all up again!

git-r likes this.
  3. Yeah it did with the golf.. tbh he was probably a beginner at Brands, was braking way early and should've been much quicker than my meggy. The 225 meggy is a friend of mine, it was that car that got me into meganes :smile:

He paid £1500 for that. It's done over 150k miles but runs beautifully. It was running the same crap tyre that he bought it with but I couldn't catch him when I had a passenger.

I was really disappointed with my grip. Was running continental track tyres but they were crap. I paid £135 each for them and they're destroyed after only 2 track days. I've run cheap and nasty tyres on my track car costing nearly half as much yet measured significantly more g in braking and cornering entry/exit. And got years worth of life out of them... GRRRRR :worried:

4. I was meant to go but couldn't make it.
    I know the guy in the yellow Leon cupra and he was getting just under the 1min mark with no interior, remap and suspension mods so your time is not bad.

5. What a small world :smile:

The guy with the Leon came and chatted, he mentioned he knew someone with a 250 that did 2:20's at snett, is this you??

6. Here's a vid from the Leon driver :smile:

7. Good vid but be careful out there, you looked very close to the other cars at times and it looked a bit scary when the back went under braking behind the Golf at the start.

The Meg is heavy and I was destroying my tyres at Bedford recently. It's put me off going on track until I get some track wheels and tyres. And my tyres were £171 each!

git-r likes this.
  8. Thanks mate, yeah it was a bit close with the slide! I should've said the 225 that I was really close to is a friend of mine - I wouldn't norally sit so close. I'm going to try getting some negative camber on mine to help with tyre wear, will report back once done :smile:

Frimley111R likes this.
  9. Was that bit scary for you, maybe change you avatar you big girls blouse, :tearsofjoy:

git-r likes this.
  10. You presumably have plenty yourself?!:sunglasses:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  11. What camera mount are you using btw?

12. It's a joby gorillapod mounted between the back seat and parcel shelf.. think they're about £30 from amazon. It attaches to a Panasonic camcorder.

13. Small world indeed, my last outing was when I decided I need stickier tyres :smile:

I am looking for a mount for a camera also, I'll have a look at the gorillapod.

14. About the gorillapod- make sure you get the bigger one - I think it's for an slr lens but not sure. There are two types and one is smaller and cheaper... And useless for what we want as I found out the first time I tried to buy the bigger one! :worried:

richmillions likes this.