Brakes...why so difficult to choose

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by evojkp, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Are Ferodo DS Uno identically with DS 2500? I´ve put them in few days ago and I´m really delighted about the performance. Almost no disadvantage in cold friction, after some braking in daily traffic no difference, rather a bit more bite compared to the stock and no squeaking at all. No problem to use them daily. Was not yet on the track, gave them a bedding in as recommended and have the feeling that they are way better than Brembo std at least when riding hard on the road. Will test them in Hockenheim on 12th Oct., am really curious how they perform ahead of the Parabolica when braking hard with more than 200 km/h....last year I´ve wet my pants when the pedal felt like hot butter - I will report

2. I don't know what there like against DS2500 as i have never used them.
    I found the DS Uno's were quite good on my 265, only ever used as drive to and from a trackday and the trackday itself, wasn't my daily.
    They were not as good as the Carbon Lorraine 8's i normally used, but weren't as disappointing as PBS were.

3. Has anyone used Pagid RS-42’s on Megane RS’s?

looking now and loved that compound Pagid on my Clio 182, took Trackday after Trackday and no issues, but worried the RS42 will struggle with extra weight of the Megane.

slightly concerned with RSL29’s on road as it’s not going to be pure track car by any means

4. For me the perfect setup so far has been Standard HD discs, Winmax W5 with Prorace rear pads.

Ive now swap the rears(left traction control on for a few lapts at donny doh!) for CL rc5+ which do seem a bit better than the pro race but squeak like a ......

My only change on the fronts will be upping the stopping power to winmax w6.5..... so impressed with this brand

5. aaa

aaa

What are you concerned about with the RSL29?

Right now I'm running RSL29 on the front with 355mm discs and RS42 on the back with plain brembo discs. Previously I had Brembo pads on the back with RSL29 on the front and comparing it with the RS42s the car doesn't feel like it's breaking only with the front brakes.

I'll try RSL29 all around next since RS42 are pretty hard to find for me

6. Thanks for replies.

my concern with RSL29’s is the road use. But looking at the technical data they don’t seem that far away from RS42’s which I had no issues with.

Which manufacturer of 355mm discs are you running?

7. aaa

aaa

I'm running Reyland Motorsport 2 pieces floating discs.

From my experience during summer the Pagids are pretty noisy in city traffic, but not much noisier than on other cars with cheap pads or pads that are almost done. After a track day or using the brakes hard they become quiet for a short period of time.

The most of noise the brakes are making is after I'm cleaning up the wheels with iron remover and I get the iron remover on the discs too.

Sometimes I can hear the RS42s on the back making sounds while the RS29s on the front are quiet. Or it's just the 29s trying to trick me

On the rear I have the brembo plain discs.

Keith185 likes this.