250 Brake Squeal.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Birchy, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

Ever since I picked up the 250 the other day the brakes squeal on light braking (stopping in traffic)

Is there anything I can do to stop this apart from disassemble and lube the back of the pad? More pressure stops the squeal but I don't fancy hammering the brakes whenever I want to stop.

The discs are the grooved ones as it's a cup, and I'm aware that they will squeal somewhat but this is definitely not groove noise.

2. has it got the standard pads in?

3. I believe so. No reason to think otherwise.

4. Anyone?

5. When I first got my meg the front brakes squealed and it turned out the standard pads had cracked and they weren't fully being released because the pins were caked in brake dust, cleaned the pins and replaced the pads, problem solved.
    Recently my rear brakes were squealing because they weren't being release because the piston was seized. I managed to unseize it and replace the pads and it went away.

6. it's a sports car, it has to make some noises, i hate silent pads :smile:
    But the OEM pads squealed only after driving on a track so you might have aftermarked ones..

7. I think I've managed to fix it somewhat. Took the pads out and had a look, they were a little glazed, I used some grease on the back of the pads and after some hard braking the noise seems to have gone. For now anyway.

I can't stand brake noise, so embarrassing coming to a slow stop.