Brake pipe to master cylinder

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by reecesmart92, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Hey guys. Been fitting my braided lines to the front and the part it connects to (brake pipe to master cylinder) has snapped. I have checked the catalogue and it's giving me part number 3801815000 but this doesn't seem to be correct. Has anyone replaced this part and can point me to somewhere that might stock it?

2. If it has snapped at or near the wheel where it joins the flexy, that pipe goes to the ABS module and not the master cylinder.

Mk2 or mk3 ???

3. Yeah it snapped at the part where the braided line meets the next part. It's mk3

4. Tried looking based on what you said and I'm finding nothing! Have you replaced this before?

5. So you will need either part number 1 or two
    http://www.catcar.info/renault/?lan...pbWc9PXx8Z3JwX2lkPT0zN3x8c3ViR3JwX2lkPT0zN0U=

Okay, scrub that
    looks like they have to be made up, you can buy the fittings, pipe and tool from your local car parts supplier, i have the stuff in the workshop as i twisted a rear pipe on my mk2.

6. Had this on both my rears I just cut the union off and swaged a new one on there is enough movement available. At the front there is also enough if you straighten the curved section to get the swaged u can then bend it back, easy enough to do and infinitely easier than changing that pipe.