Brake Fade

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Superfly, Mar 17, 2018.

1. End result was the numpty at Renault who last touched the brakes, snapped the inner bleed nipple on the front brembo. Was the only nipple I couldn't bleed through. Put new caliper on the front, re bled in exactly the same way, then winner winner chicken dinner its back working again.

2. nice ending, so no air trapped in ABS or master cylinder just pressure bled from reservoir and job done ??

3. Yeah, just pressure bled at the resivouir at 28psi, then started at driver rear, passenger rear, driver front, passenger front. I'm going to wait to till my new pads and discs are bedded in then I'm going to redo it. See if I get anymore air out of it

bobsan likes this.
  4. As side note to this, the ABS unit is closed to the brake fluid in brake system and cannot intake air when bleeding the system or if system runs empty. It has its own fluid that only comes into play when system opens during any antilock behaviour so activating the ABS is not nessesary or advisable when bleeding brake system. What can intake air is master cylinder and cracking open and tightening the two outlets while pumping the pedal is nessesary to bleed cylinder