Bored so went to Audi...

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by moono16v, Aug 25, 2015.

1. My girlfriend was having a sports massage done as her back is fooked.

So I took her and thought I'll go to the Lamborghini shop whilst I wait anyhow that was shut down so I popped to Audi.

Wow Audi do have some stunning machines when you look at there S/RS models!! I was sat in the brand new RS3 in a primer sort of colour and my god it is absolutely beautiful! The seats themselves are covered in a gorgeous piece of leather!!

Anyhow my point is I have always said that I one day intend to own a RS Audi at some point! And I have always always wanted since the original 4.2 v8 TT RS6 came out, an RS6. My dream is confirmed after sitting in the brand spanking new 4.0 v8 RS6 that is defiantly going to be my next car!!! It ticks everybody apart from one - it's only auto!

2. not to mention the price tag!

3. I can't see you getting much backing of your choice on this forum :smile:

4. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

But... and i'll throw in a curve ball here... there is nothing more boring than an Audi.

5. Love the front end on the new rs3

theres a new rs6 in a midnight blue type colour near me, amazing car and looks great in that colour

i have a friend to works at the local audi to me, always tempting!

6. Trust me if I took you in my RS4 you will not think it's boring lol. Maybe the standard A3's A4's etc but a RS tend to be good
    I've had Audi since 2002 had a Audi A3 1.8T then had a S3 now have a B5 RS4 which I've owned for 9 years ! Seriously expensive if things go wrong but it's been worth it. I love the R26 which I've got as a daily now and the handling is sublime but so flymsy amd cheaply made in comparison. All I need now is a car built like the Aud and as quick in a straight line and handles like the Meg ! = 997 turbo
    i was taken in my mates C6 RS6 with a MRC remap to 753bhp ! It's the fastest thing I've ever been in ! Was hestrical after

7. My meg and RS4

Attached Files:

8. NJH

NJH

Mate of mine recently put his order in for an RS3, the total cost is about £50K which I feel is an insane amount of money on a hatchback regardless of how fast it may be or sound nice etc. Hopefully I will get a go in it when it arrives next year.

9. Brother in law got his last month and we recently went to Belgium with it for the Spa Grand Prix. Pretty much every other person at the campsite turned heads to have a look at it and commented how awesome it looked...and it does sound amazing with the 5-pot! However still love my 250 cup!

10. I had and still have in the garage a audi s2 avant nothelle proper old 20v 5pot
    lovely car 315bhp like the rs2 and the noise :eek:
    could go like a missile and cruise along

11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Ive always been a huge Audi fan, owned couple of B5 S4 and also B5 RS4. I can tell you, that in a straight line it was epic fun and also looked so good. But in a way the RS Megane drives and handles, i dont ever want to go back to those Audis, they are just rubbish compared with the corner-car.

13. I 100% agree with everyone who said Audi's are boring and yes they don't handle anywhere near as good as a megane or many other things but there not supposed to!

Every single one of us on here would see one on the road and think I wish I was driving that!

14. Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and fat H&R arbs and the handling is much much better.
    The Meg is good without upgrading suspension etc hoping to do a track day soon

15. i must admit there isn't an Audi I would get now apart from the R8 if I had that sort of money ! But my next car will most likely be a 265 Meg but I would never get rid of my B5 RS4 it's such a special car and future classic ! Very rare too

16. B5's are awesome! And look mean!

17. maybe try again when it's wet lol ! My R26 is terrible in the wet
    Heavy cars the audis ! The B5 RS4 can be very troublesome so health checks on a regular basis is vital ! Common faults boost leaks and MAF's ! I had a run in with a tuned R26 a few years ago my RS4 was quicker but not a massive amount but I was running about 450bhp and 470lbs/ft torque. Now has 490bhp and 517lbs/ft torque.

Very tempted by the 275 trophy!

18. Looks like he's RS 4 has just a remap so no more then 420bhp max. If he wanted more he would have to get a better exhaust I,e gutted precats =440bhp Milltek full system with 100cell cats =460 catless 3' exhaust = 470 next would have to be intercoolers, fuel pump, to get over 500 would need injectors and anymore would be turbos.

19. That be porsche tuned one?!?
    Audi not my thing but they did make some great cars

20. RS2 is the Porcshe tuned one. Only came as a estate (avant)

21. The RS2 is very rare so is the S2 hold their value

22. Nothelle tuned this one but is to same spec as the rs2 by Porsche
    had ap brakes instead of Porsche ones
    and slightly different turbo but produced the same
    nothelles wheels
    all a factory special edition not aftermarket
    this is possibly only avant nothelle in uk :tongueout: there couple of coupe nothelles but under 10 overall

23. :confused:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  24. Audi invited me to have an unaccompanied test drive in a 2015 RS3 a month or so back.

It was screwed together very well, the interior is typically beautiful as Audis often are, the exhaust does make a fantastic noise on downshifts, pops & crackles superb for a standard car! Obviously with 370 odd bhp they're quick, too.

I did however, find it very dull. I've driven fast Audis in the past, and I've always found them dull. I can't even really put my finger on it, it's all just too clinical, there's no real excitement or drama. Despite hitting warp speeds, I felt as much of a passenger as my mrs in the seat next to me. They do everything very well apart from involve the fleshy thing behind the wheel.

Since that test drive, I drove & bought a 250 cup. Cost aside, the Renault is simply a better drivers tool. The Audi is the better all round car, and at £50k it should be, but if you get your kicks from the simple act of driving, I'd choose the silly French tin, any day.

25. I think the new RS3 is a shambles like the previous model ! FWD until AWD is needed ! Ripoff Quattro
    best car Audi make at the moment is the RS6 and R8

26. Have driven the S3 and sat in one quite a bit. Nice cabin, engine is pretty uninspiring and while competent is just a bit too clinical and sounds nasty. Handling was ok, but not as sharp as the RS and they suffer the usual problems with damping that plague all VAG cars.

I like the b7 RS4 but beyond that the only one that I think has any 'cool' factor is the original Quattro.

27. B7 is cool but what about the B5 ? In Noggy blue ? Vid of a group of mates which they done ! Oh and one RS2 http://youtu.be/YEDSRREmJZY