Boost pressures

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Lopes3d, Mar 21, 2021.

1. I'm running a standard wastegate on a 265 turbo, it's the N74 valve that controls the boost
    The standard wastegate is set for about 11psi, mine is running 24psi.

On my 265 that was running a Turbosmart actuator set to around 24psi and the N74 would sort it out to 30+ psi

2. Ah right ok new to the turbo game been in a supercharged r53. So long story short not worth changing for stage 2. Only ask as I’ve been looking at mappers and on EFI website says an upgraded recirc valve is recommended

3. The standard recirc valve is worth changing, either Forge or Profect (or something like that) and there nothing to do with the boost control, it uses boost to hold it shut, thats it.

4. Ok with you know Just ordered a forge one

5. Bargain price! Just ordered one.

Lopes3d likes this.
  6. Mine has a forge dump valve would it be worth swapping it for the forge Forge Recirculation Valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. My understanding is a recirc valve will be better for performance, as it’s dumping the air back into the air inlet rather than wasting it into the atmosphere. Doubt there’s any noticeable difference really though other than noise.

keestar1994 and Lopes3d like this.