Boost gauge wiring,

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by turkishdave, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Can I wire the boost gauge wires in to the clock wires?Red to red blacj to black etc I tried wiring into stereo, and even though I put red into the ignition and black to the black on stereo, the light on gauge was on constant, didnt come on with ignition!!?

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

3. Yeah behind the stereo, I wired red and blue from gauge in to red on stereo which is ignition, I wired black from gauge in to ground on stereo, but light on gauge constantly on, even when car locked, strange thing is, even when I took red and blue from gauge out, and just left ground, light still on?? I'll have another look at it tomorrow

4. The red is a 12v battery feed by the looks of it. Get a test light or multimeter and turn the ignition on and off and work out what wire is the ignition feed and join into that. I think there should be an ignition a ground and an illumination feed to dim it when the lights are on but you can just join both into the ignition feed when you find it.

5. All sorted now, yeah red was a constant feed, yellow turned out to be ignition thanks for replies