boost control

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by 225race, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Has anyone used a turbo smart eboost2 on a 225/r26. Can it be used with a standard ecu without the ecu having a wobbly? Obviously the car will be mapped once on.

2. I had a blitz spec r on mine. The biggest gains are down the timing route & not just by adding more boost.
    Lee

3. My thoughts were not just aiming at high boost just to have better control of it to make the power more user friendly and more reliable (less likely to over boost, less fluctuations etc) I assume you ran your standard ecu with the one you ran?

4. Yes I ran a standard ecu. However mine was running a 300bhp 330ftlb Rs tuning map & hybrid.
    Lee

5. Mine has a Garret 30/71 and plenty of other bits to match hence why I would like it right, all being well should be at rs tuning beginning of March.

6. I would go with the Apexi unit. Essy to tune and the posibility to do boost by gear mapable versus rpm helps you keep traction under control per gear balance between response and torque easily to keep other things happy inside the engine.

I would put my money on that. Next one is the HKS one, but much harder to tune.

S.

7. Ive used GReddy, Apexi and Blitz ebc's in the past and I prefer the Blitz.

It's what I will be using in my megane.

8. I suppose the question I should really be asking is what the guy on the rollers likes to use, I think that'll be the best end result.

9. Fitted my intercooler today. 206c4e4ba1d62b037b1aa5b2971fcde1.jpg 36b0f1eae732024f2421aed43a504116.jpg

And also my short shift which is amazing.